I have a secret to share with you – I love what I do for a living!
For the first 25 years of my professional life I had the privilege of coaching and consulting CEOs and their C-suites at large well-known companies and corporations around the world.
But as time went on, however, I wanted to have more out of my life than just making money and travelling. So in 2007 I decided to center my activities in my hometown of New York City, only a few months before the financial crisis hit. I not only rode out the recession as the President and CEO of the Association of Management Consulting Firms (AMCF) but working with my Board and operations team, we were able to save the organization from bankruptcy. In 2015 I became a Chair for Vistage in NYC – a role which gives me the opportunity to coach advise CEOs, business owners and leadership teams of NYC-based small and mid-sized businesses.
My experience and passion for personal and professional growth inspires and motivates my clients to build bigger, better and more profitable businesses while helping them maintain a healthy work/life balance. Members of my Vistage groups also benefit from working with a peer-to-peer advisory board.
I enjoy imparting what I’ve learned to large groups of people and have spoken at venues such as the Harvard Club of New York City, the Waseda Marketing Forum in Tokyo, the National Press Club in Washington, DC and IBM’s Global Innovation Outlook. I have also been quoted extensively in leading business publications and write blogs, articles and videos on topics relating to management, strategy and leadership. I am also frequently interviewed on radio and podcasts
My first book, Owning Tomorrow: The Unstoppable Force of Disruptive Leadership launched to excellent reviews. It was cited by Fupping.com as one of seven books that will make you smarter if you read them, alongside classics like Malcolm Gladwell’s The Tipping Point and Douglas Adams’ The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.
During the COVID pandemic I began designing and delivering webinars together with TalentTalk, many of which have been sold out.
The Great Disruption of 2020:
Pushing the Reset Button on Business
The Furth Difference
With Furth & Associates, LLC you have a partner to help you proactively establish and maintain market share, maximize profitability and ensure your competitive advantage. With John you get:
- A productive mindset: John ensures you and your team recognize the importance of the “right” attitude when embarking on a major change program.
- A clear and confident vision: John guides you through the challenges of disruption and innovation, helping you navigate the change and positive future performance of your company.
- A straight-forward and collaborative approach: John cares about you, your team and your business as if it was his own.
- A commitment to executional excellence: John insists on excellence in all he does for you, strategic partners and Furth & Associates, LLC.
- A relentless focus on results: John creates innovative solutions for your unprecedented and enduring growth.
Want to continue the conversation? Reserve a time to speak to us about the wide array of our solutions.
- President & CEO, The Association of Management Consulting Firms (AMCF)
- Chief Strategist, CEO Strategy Institute, Sony Corp.
- Head of International Strategy, Discovery Communications
- Partner, Roland Berger Strategy Consultants
- Project Manager, Accenture
- Executive Education, Harvard Business School, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- MBA, Finance, New York University Stern Graduate School of Business, New York, NY
- BA, Liberal Arts, Harvard College, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Provided pro-bono strategy consulting to the leadership of the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM)
- Member of the American Advisory Board of the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts
- Member of the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD)
- Led fund-raising efforts for the Classic Stage Company (CSC) production of a new play “Unnatural Acts” which premiered in June 2011
- Worked with Brooklyn Borough President, Eric Adams, and his team to develop and roll-out a borough-wide digital technology festival to build a community around new developments in the sector and showcase Brooklyn as a major hub for technology firms
Today’s business volatility is unprecedented. John helps forward-thinking companies use disruptive solutions to dominate their market. His goal – to transform your company in a focused and sustainable manner – delivers measurable results.
Discover Your Disruptive Leadership Type Today